Hiring a photo booth is no longer the novelty it was a few years ago. Party organisers appreciate photo booths for their ice-breaking potential as much as they love the joy their party guests get from playing with backdrops and props. However, not all photo booths are equal and if you’re planning to hire a photo booth for your event, it’s important to ask the right questions to ensure you get the best service possible.
Here are five questions you should ask before hiring a photo booth:
1. What kind of photo booth do you offer? There are different types of photo booths available, from traditional enclosed booths to open-air setups. There are roaming “booths” that get you into the thick of the action, and booths that allow guests to record messages and good wishes. Each has its own benefits, so it’s important to know what kind of booth the company offers and whether it suits your event and requirements.
2. What is included in the package? Ask your chosen provider about how many hours of service are included, and whether the company will help you set up and take down the booth. Ask about the number of prints provided, and any additional features like props, backdrops, or customised templates. This way, you can choose the best package for your needs and budget.
3. Can I see some samples of your work? It’s always a good idea to ask for samples of the company’s work, such as previous events they’ve covered. This will give you an idea of their quality of work and whether their style and service suits your event.
4. What customisation options do you offer? Standard is all good and fun, but branded prints or customised backdrops and props can add a personal touch to your event, whether you think about hiring a photo booth for a corporate or private event. Make sure to ask what options are available and whether they are included in the package or come at an additional cost.
5. What is your cancellation policy? Of course, you expect your event to run as planned. And asking about cancelling while making a booking may seem all wrong to you. But… life happens, and often not the way we’ve planned it. So do make sure that you know what will happen if you have to cancel your event, including any fees or refund options.
Asking these questions before hiring a photo booth will help you make an informed decision and ensure that you get the best service possible for your event. And at I Want a Photo Booth, we’re always happy to discuss these and any other questions you may have before you hire one of our booths for your event. Just give us a call!